Into the kitchen, ready, set, go: Ratatouille
In collaboration with our partner Kochschule.de, we are giving you a recipe of the month every four to five weeks. Today’s recipe is ideal for the cold days ahead:
Ingredients for 4 people:
1 yellow and 1 red pepper
2 garlic cloves
3 tbs olive oil
1 tbs tomato puree
1 tin of whole cherry tomatoes (e.g. Mutti brand)
3 sprigs of tarragon
1 sprig of rosemary
- Wash the courgette and aubergine, remove the ends and cut in half lengthways. Cut the courgette into slices. Cut the aubergine in half lengthways once again and then cut it into slices. Wash the peppers and dice them.
- Peel the garlic and onions and slice finely. Pour the oil into a casserole dish. Sauté the prepared ingredients in the oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and leave to sweat for a moment. Add the tomatoes, bring up to a simmer and then leave them to cook for about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Wash the tarragon and rosemary and shake them dry. Add the herbs and leave everything to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with fresh baguette or ciabatta.
Prep time: approx. 35 minutes
We hope you enjoy trying out our recipe and we wish you all “Bon appetite!”