Into the kitchen, ready, set, go: Crispy roast with beer
In collaboration with our partner Kochschule.de, we shall now be giving you a recipe of the month every four to five weeks. Today we have a good hearty meal for you:
Crispy roast with beer
Ingredients for 4 people:
½ celeriac bulb
1.5 kg crispy roast (ham joint of pork)
2 tbs tomato puree
50 g butter
4 tbs honey
4 sprigs of rosemary
- Steam the roast joint for 10 minutes in a steamer or colander inside a pan with the lid closed tightly.
- Take a knife and cut into the fatty rind of the joint to a depth of about 5 millimetres, so that the rind is not completely cut through. Roughly dice the vegetables and sauté in a roasting pan with butter until they are golden brown. Add the tomato puree, caraway and rosemary and cook for one minute. Deglaze the vegetables with the beer and bring to the boil.
- Lay the meat on top of the vegetables and season generously. Heat the oven to 140°C fan and roast for 2.5 hours with the lid on.
- Once it’s cooked, turn the oven to the grill function. Remove the lid from the casserole dish and grill the roast until is is golden. Remove the roast from the oven and baste with honey.
- Slice the roast and serve with any kind of potato and seasonal vegetables.
Prep time: approx. 3 hours
We hope you enjoy trying out our recipe and we wish you all “Bon appetite!”